Technical Training Instructor
Position: Technical Training Instructor
Company: Thome Ship Management
Location: Thome, India
- Develop new courses and conduct in line with industry requirements and Company needs to address competency challenges. These include and is not limited to classroom-based training, Computer based training, simulators based and workshop based.
- Assess and evaluate the trainees throughout the training period.
- Check respective teaching materials, update as required.
- necessary and maintain upkeep of training equipment making sure they are always operational and in compliance with new rules / regulations
- Prepare and validate the seafarer assessment tools and maintain its confidentiality, control and reproduction.
- Check and monitor the attendance of trainees.
- Assist in the review and validation of courses wherein he has appropriate level of knowledge and understanding.
- Conduct assessment to promotable deck officers under the TSM Cadet program and Officer Progression program duly endorsed and/or approved by the Training Director. Prepare final assessment report.
- Evaluate trainees’ performance and examine their professional competence in the subjects related to the course at the end of each course.
- Ensure that all teaching aids and other equipment are maintained and ready for immediate use.
- Continuously review and prepare for the mastery on the delivery of the subject.
- Attend to shipboard training assignments as per company requirements
- Any other tasks and projects as advised by the Head of Group Training / Training Center Director
Education and Qualification
- College graduate preferably of maritime studies
- Class 1 COC (Masters) preferred
- IMO Model courses 6.09 and 3.12 or equivalent
- Highly motivated, structured and quality driven individual who in parallel possesses strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates Team collaboration and Team spirit
- Good command in English – oral and written skills
- Excellent presentation and oratory skills
- Computer literate
- 5 yrs. sailing experience at management level (CO or Master)
- 2 years relevant teaching experience is preferred
For applicants, please send your CV to this email: email@example.com